Thursday, December 3, 2009

Luke 12:54-56; Interpreting

I grew up in the country and remember all the little things about reading the weather. "Red at night, sailor's delight; red at morning, sailor take warning." When the robins are near their nest during the day, a storm is on the way. I would watch the horses in the pasture start to run and kick and know that the weather was changing.

Jesus was frustrated that people of his day could understand the physical world well enough to predict upcoming weather but did not understand the spiritual world well enough to see what was developing. I wonder if I fall into that same category.

Do I believe that there is more to life than what "meets the eye"? If so, does that come out in my everyday activity? How open are my eyes to see the spiritual? How in tune am I with the spiritual side of life?

No comments: