Thursday, January 7, 2010

Luke 16:1-15; people or possession

People or possessions -- which is my focus? That is what this passage seems to ask me. Even dishonest people are called shrewd or wise if they know their priorities. Money is made to be used, not loved. People are made to be loved, not used. Somehow we get this all swapped around in our world. In fact, Jesus said just that. What men value, God despises.

We value the creation over the creator, money over men, possessions over people. But God knows that only he and his people will last; everything else, money included is dust in the wind.

So what do I value? What do I really shape my life around? What drives me and controls my decisions? How highly do I value people?

Schweitzer was right, "One thing I know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve."

No comments: