Monday, May 17, 2010

Romans 4:1-8; Different accounting

For all of us who constantly scream that life is not fair, this section echos back "amen". And its a good thing too. If life were fair, we would all be in trouble. In fact, we are in spiritual trouble. So God came up with a new game that does not depend upon "fair treatment based upon behavior" but rather faith.

Now the system is that God gives us credit ahead of time and does not count errors. What a system, i.e., nothing negative and additional points to start.

I am amazed at how I tend to draw back into a rule based religion even when I know it is not best for me. Somehow we are programed to think that we must act perfectly rather than act lovingly. My prayer today is to walk in a relationship with God based onhim choosing me rather than walk as if I were trying to be good enough to obtain a relationship with God.

No comments: