Thursday, September 23, 2010

Philippians 1:27-30; Live Worthy

Be united. Be fearless. Suffer well. As North American Christians, I think we fail in all three areas.

The Barna groups says that statistically there is no difference in Christian and UnCristian behavior in most areas. Forget what we teach with words; what are we teaching with actions? If we do not live counter culturally without fear, our actions scream a message of unbelief in the gospel. If I am not living united, fearless and suffering, would Paul recognize me as Christian? Do my friends and neighbors? Do I have a right to claim the name Christian if Jesus in me comes out as divisive, scared and status quo? Do I truly believe that the spiritual message conveyed in the gospel of Jesus is more reality than what I see with my eyes?

It is always easy to point the finger at establishments and lament their shortcomings. Yet that is also divisive and UnChristian. Today, rather than point fingers, may I focus on the gospel as communicated by my actions.

1 comment:

Jesse Hudgens said...

We live in a culture that tries to convince us it's "not our fault." I think for too long we have been pointing the finger at "what's wrong with the church" while failing to address our own heart issues. Great post! Very encouraging.