Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Romans 15:17-33; No more work

What an amazing thought. Paul said there was no more place for him to work in that region where he was. He had visited all the town and cities to make sure the gospel had been spread.

I wonder how many of us today could even say "there is no more place for me to work" in my neighborhood. Or maybe on my job. Surely it would be a stretch to say the same about our city or region.

Why such a difference? When did Christianity become so private in our culture? When did we decided Jesus came for me but not for you? After all, that is what we communicate when we don't share him. Sometime in our history Jesus moved from being the Savior of the world to being my personal Savior. It makes life easier for us but I have to think it also guts life of purpose and passion. At the same time, surely it frustrates Jesus to watch us. . . at least that was his message to Jonah, i.e., he is concerned about a lot more people than me.

No comments: