Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Philippians 2:18-30; Honored Servants

The text talks about honoring those who serve well in the name of Jesus. In my life, there have been people that definitely have served well and deserve honor.

I think of Wilfredo in San Felix, Venezuela. I do not know anyone more gentle and humble than him. He has shown me how to turn away wrath with a gentle answer. He has lived out his faith even at gunpoint. When others failed to keep their promises, he has kept his even when it cost him greatly on a personal basis.

I think of Ronald in San Jose, Costa Rica. It would be hard for me to think of anyone who has dedicated themselves to the work of the Lord more than Ronald. He is a tireless servant whose intensity of compassion has touched the lives of everyone around him. Anyone that meets him soon respects him.

I also think of Wendell Broom. His gentleness and depth of joy impress me. I can honestly say that I know of no one who will finish life more robustly and joyfully than Wendell.

My hope and prayer is to live so that one day someone writes my name in a list of people they believe worthy of honor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are people so disastrous that we do not want to be dedicated servants to them, rather than to a god of which we know nothing with any certainty.

I have become so sick of the masses blurting out religious catch phrases. People are great, not just God. People are good, not just God. People are also bad, messed up, corrupted, confused, and so on. Let's work on that and just call it that, working on us, not through God or for God. Let's do it because we are amazing creatures with limitless opportunities in this Universe.